Visa Information

You must have a passport that is valid for the duration of the time you expect to be abroad.

Israeli Visa Requirements:
Israeli visa requirements vary based on your country of citizenship. It is your responsibility to verify with the Israeli Embassy closest to you what the specific requirements are for a person with your citizenship. All students must receive their proper student visa before coming to Israel. Please note: if you have Israeli citizenship or if you have a parent with Israeli citizenship, special rules apply to you. These rules are explained below.

Student Visa:
A student visa is a multiple-entry visa valid for one year during which time you can leave and re-enter Israel a number of times within the period of validation without having to secure a new visa. Student visas are renewable after one year both in Israel and abroad. Students participating in the semester or year programs must arrange for a student visa before their arrival to Israel.  If, under extenuating circumstances, you are unable to attain the visa before arrival, please inform us of the situation as soon as possible. To apply for a student visa you must apply to the closest Israeli consulate/embassy in your area. The Israeli Consulate will inform you as to which type of documents you will need. We recommend calling the consulate first in order to obtain the most accurate and current information. Most likely you will need to submit the following items with your application:

1. Your passport, valid for at least two more years.
2. Your letter of acceptance to the University of Haifa.
3. For students under the age of 18 years, a notarized declaration of permission to attend the University of Haifa signed by both parents (if possible).
4. Two copies of the visa application form, with one photograph attached to each copy. Forms can be obtained from the Israeli Consulate.
5. Proof of sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses.

If you do not live near an Israeli Consulate, please contact the closest consulate by phone. If arrangements are made far enough in advance, a visa can usually be attained by mail.

Students who were born in Israel and/or whose parents are or were Israeli citizens are generally not permitted to enter Israel on a tourist visa, but instead need Israeli travel documents. Due to frequent changes in regulations these students should consult the Israeli consulate in their area to clarify their status and complete any necessary steps before arrival.

school logo

faculty logo


haifa logo